- Best Reviews
- Where & When
- Travel Art
- Travel Gadgets
- Travel Pet
- Travel Infographics
- See More
Quebec is the largest province of Canada land and with its strong cultural identity, language and institution is considered as an independent nation within Canada. Quebec is one of the main tourist destinations in Canada and this act as one of the pillars of its economy.
Quebec stands out of other Canadian cities as it possesses the greatest French cultural influence. Among the main cultural attractions of Quebec, we have:
• City of Quebec. The capital of Quebec is a must-visit, with its typical European architecture and scenery as well as the wide variety of museums and galleries. Since 1985 is recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
• Lachine Canal. This channel of the eighteenth century has been restored in recent years and is where we find pleasure boats and rides that will allow you a tour of the city.
• Plein Art Festival Quebec. In this exhibition you will learn more about handmade art creations in Quebec like textiles, ceramics, jewelry and others.
• Museum of Civilization in Quebec City. Among its facilities you can visit the remains of the cultural life of Quebec throughout its history.
• Canadian Museum of Civilization. Located in the city of Gatineau, in this museum you can witness exhibitions of all kinds, excelling in those with children as a group target.
• The Basilica Notre Dame de Quebec. The Basilica Notre Dame de Quebec is the first Church of Canada and seat of the Catholic archdiocese in the country. Its construction dates back to 1647.
• National Museum of Fine Arts. Located in the Parc des Champs de Bataille, the National Museum of Fine Arts is one of the oldest in the country and has important collections of modern art.
• The Saint-Joseph Oratory. The Oratory is located in the north of Mount Royal in Montreal, Quebec, and dates from the early twentieth century.
Quebec has a unique culture that is nurtured by the influence of North America and Europe and is a destination that goes beyond attraction, especially cultural, and has been host to famous figures such as Jacques Villeneuve and outstanding artistic performances such as Cirque du Soleil. Tourists looking to make cultural and historical tourism must consider Quebec as one of their next destinations.
By Nikos K
Photo: Bev and Steve