Must see places in the Balkans
The Balkan Peninsula or also known as Balkan is very popular. It covers the part of the south east area of Europe. It got its name from the Balkan mountain that runs from Bulgaria to Serbia. The countries found in this section are rich in beautiful scenery. If you love the outdoors, then you will surely love to visit certain attractions offered by Balkan countries. Whether you are visiting them during summer or winter, it is both excellent for any traveling activities. There are quite a number of well preserved attractions that shouldn’t be missed. The locals of these countries are famous for their hospitality. You will certainly enjoy the local cuisines in the area. If you want to spend your vacations there, you might want to explore the must see places in the Balkan region that you should be part of your itinerary. The best places are:
- Meteora Greece is one of the most holy places in the region. This attraction would certainly leave you breathless. It is found in the central area of the country and it is a complex filled with hundred monasteries that are situated on top of the rocks. The panoramic view is truly unforgettable.
- A view of Meteora
- A symbol of Bulgaria is Rila Monastery. It is found deep into the mountains at thousand feet above sea level. The well preserved interior and exterior is the most visited in the country. The size is quite impressive. There are monks living in this place. It is also worth visiting the particular museum.
- Rila Monastery Bulgaria UNESCO
- Ohrid is found in the Republic of Macedonia. This place is very rich in history. In fact it was declared to be part of Unesco Heritage Site. The place is situated high up in the mountains and close to a beautiful lake. The government of Macedonia regards this as a crown jewel. According to researches, it is the oldest inhabited place in Europe.
- Ohrid Macedonia
- Mount Athos is found in the eastern area of Greece. This place is dedicated for worship. For this reason, it is referred to as the Holy Mount. The natural beauty of the place is very extraordinary and you can only access the place boat.
- Looking towards Mount Athos
- I am sure everyone has heard about the famous Dracula. This person really existed in a castle long time ago. Dracula Castle’s is the famous site in Romania. It does attract a lot of tourists because of its history. There are trips that you can join while you are visiting the country.
- Dracula castle
By Angela B
Photo 1: Lanfranch Photo 2: joaoleitao Photo 3: cannonerPhoto 4: Horia Varlan, Photo 5:VegaKiev