What to see in the Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, USA

Pin It

Mount Rushmore is one of the icons of the United States, one of the favorite destinations for U.S. tourists. It is the main destination in South Dakota and honestly I think that in the U.S. alone would have been possible to achieve such a task, (consider it from any perspective).

Mount Rushmore

Mount Rushmore

It was built between 1927 and 1941, just with the intention of attracting tourists, an unbeatable positive record of not causing any harm to those who have worked there. Here are represented four U.S. presidents, particularly representative in the history of the first 150 years of the USA, namely, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln

George Washingotn

George Washingotn

The huge sculpture was made 90% due to explosions of dynamite and the remaining 10%, let’s say the “finish” with jackhammers. The visitor center is called the Lincoln Borglum Museum and the trails for tourists, however, are more recent, having been completed in 1998.

The entrance to Mount Rushmore

The entrance to Mount Rushmore

The Airforce flies on Rushmore

The Airforce flies on Rushmore

Mount Rushmore is located in South Dakota; so many tourists come to the city landing in Rapid City, 40 miles is the distance between the city and the Mount Rushmore. The admission is free, you only pay 11 $ for parking the car.

By Ina K

Photos: SnoShuujimbowen0306jc-picsWikimedia Commons.

Pin It

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Lets Be Friends...