Since Valentine’s Day is about to come, what is better than commenting about the places that some people consider the most romantic on this globe. I would have changed any of them and possibly you as well but we already know that the romanticism is felt very differently in each person and therefore, the best places to experience it as well.
The best places are:
- Terrace Garden Iris & B. Gerald Cantor, on the roof of the Met Museum in New York. One of the best places to contemplate the city and the skyline.
- Positano (Italy) is a beautiful village that steps on the mountain in the Mediterranean, with small white houses and lots of sun.
- Tozeur (Tunisia) is an oasis-city in the heart of the Tunisian desert to make you feel like you are living the romantic «Thousand and One Nights”. Battiato put it well in his song: The Trains of Tozeur…
- Bruges (Belgium) has a medieval old town full of gothic churches and mansions of the seventeenth century and all this among canals and flower markets. It is offered as an alternative, which is less crowded than Venice for dreamful weddings.
- Sedona (Arizona). It has been said that to contemplate the Sedona desert at the sunset is a spectacle achievement of the most passionate lovers …
- Sevilla (Spain) could not miss on this list because it is a city that offers many valuable things such as the Cathedral, the Alcazar, the Giralda, the square of Spain, the Murillo’s Gardens, the district of Triana, the Guadalquivir river, the neighborhood of Santa Cruz, its great weather which is always sunny, the music, the smell of the orange blossom, the friendliness of its people, the places to eat, the magnificent museums, the Feria street where is the oldest market in the city and a long list makes this city unique and romantic for those who are in love and for those that are not.
- Piazza Navona (Rome, Italy) is one of the most symbolic squares in the Italian capital surrounded by buildings and sculptures of Bernini, Borromini and other Baroque artists. A must see is the Four Rivers fountain. It is also a place with a very pleasant atmosphere and it has a perfect location for a coffee in one of its cafes.
- Tallinn (Estonia). The Estonian capital is a wonderful gathering of castles, cathedrals and cobblestone streets, which shape one of the best preserved medieval places of Europe.
- Bath (United Kingdom), the most famous health resort city of Europe is a reflection of years and years ago like a theater setting of Shakespeare which is quite romantic for couples.
- Mount Pilatus (Luzern, Switzerland) is the highest peak in Lucerne, which is easily reached by the steepest cogwheel train in the world. If this and the views from the summit are not enough, the Hotel Jean Noevel projects erotic films in the hall…
- Mount Royal Park (Montreal, Canada) is a park designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, the same designer who did the Central Park in New York. A place to walk, to get lost, to do some sport and anything else that comes in mind. It also offers guided tours.